Captive agents, better known as health insurance agents usually sell either only one product or ample of products from one insurance company. They share a strong bonding with the insurance company which they represent, thus, giving them more leverage to make changes in the insurance plan. They are generally paid by the insurers and so the business is not charged for their services. But, finding the right health insurance is definitely a big headache, especially when we are working for ourselves only. It depends on many factors, such as- the place where we live, our age and the health of who is being covered as well as the type of insurance policy that we need. If you decide to work with any health insurance agent in Angola, IN, Auburn, Bluffton, Fort Wayne, Huntington, and Kendallville do visit and have a talk to us at Health Insurance shop about the different types of carriers that we are offering for the past 3 decades. We pay up to 50% of the employee’s premium in all level of plans. To go about hiring a health insurance agent in your area to get group health insurance, we would like to advise you to follow these 8 tips:
- Before shopping for group health insurance, ask any of your reliable friends or acquaintances or neighbors for a referral of a good health insurance agent.
- Ask the health insurance professional to provide referrals from insurance companies similar to yours, both in size as well as in scope.
- Check these references, licenses and registrations.
- Check the agent disciplinary record by calling your state’s insurance commissioner’s consumer helpline.
- Ask questions to understand the services they provide, the support they will provide and the type of policies or benefits they sell. Services differ from one health insurance agent to another.
- Also ask about their areas of specialization and skills.
- Besides all such things, ask about how renewals are handled.
- Lastly, ask about their business model.
Since group health insurance gives you many personal and professional benefits over most other individual health plans, you should definitely shop for it. However, before purchasing hire a health insurance agent and before hiring one, keep in mind all the 9 factors mentioned above. This is just for your own safety.