MEDICARE ANNUAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD (AEP) ENDS:
Each year, Medicare dedicates the period beginning October 15 and ending December 7th to annual enrollment opportunities for individuals enrolled in and/or entitled to Medicare. During this Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), Medicare Beneficiaries are allowed to “shop” for new health insurance coverage for the next calendar year. This includes: Medicare Advantage (MA), Medicare Advantage w/Prescription Drug (MAPD), Prescription Drug Plans (PDP), or simply moving back to Original Medicare Parts A&B.
Although it seems a bit silly to think that you should want to change your Medicare Insurance option annually, there are several good reasons you should always take a look. These include, but are not limited to:
- Rate increases
- Your current plan has a $0 premium, but your renewal plan will now be $25/month
- Network provider changes
- Your doctor is no longer in-network with your plan
- Drug formulary changes
- Your plan no longer covers the medications you need
- Your medications have moved to a higher drug tier which will be a higher cost out of pocket
- Your plan does not provide the “extras” that some other carriers do
Sound like a lot of work? We’ve got you covered! Our staff of licensed and certified Medicare Insurance professionals will help you choose the plan that works best for YOUR needs.
Call our Medicare Team today to schedule your appointment for the upcoming Annual Enrollment Period (AEP).